Prospector is a series of experiments from Mozilla Labs focused on analyzing, experimenting and prototyping improvements on how you search and discover content with Firefox. We’re looking at three main areas: websites you have visited, tabs you are currently viewing, and pages you haven’t visited yet.
Here’s a list of our previous experiments:
- OneLiner: Combine the navigation and tabs toolbars
- Snaporama: Save your open tabs as groups to restore in Panorama
- Tab Focus: Focus on your task by moving unwanted tabs into other Panorama groups
- Search Tabs: Easily switch to other search engines when searching
- RecallMonkey: Find pages from history with some fuzzy matching
- Predictive Newtab: Get suggestions on where to go from where you are
- LessChrome HD: Automatically hide the navigation bar when not in use.
- AwesomeBar HD: Directly focus on a category when searching
- Home Dash: Take away the whole browser and add features back from a chrome-less experience
- Speak Words: Fill in the rest of words as you type them into the location bar
- Instant Preview: Start loading pages as you select them from the location bar suggestions
- Find Suggest: Suggest words from the page when finding
All of the code and bugs/issues are being tracked with the Prospector GitHub community.