About Prospector: OneLiner
OneLiner is an experimental add-on that takes a different approach than LessChrome HD to achieve the same goal of saving space for the web page. The Firefox browser interface now takes up less space by moving two lines into just one line. In order to combine the navigation and tabs toolbars, the location bar is given a small fixed size while the search bar is collapsed to a single button.
When install OneLiner without restarting on Firefox, look for some other features:
- the location bar expands to cover the back/forward buttons when not in use
- clicking the search button will pre-fill the search with selected text or clipboard data
- Ctrl-K keyboard shortcut instantly activates the in-tab search bar
- fullscreen mode keeps the one-line look that doesn’t get auto-hidden
- fullscreen “back” extends to the top and left edges of the screen for easy clicks
Prospector is a collection of experiments from Mozilla Labs focused on analyzing, experimenting and prototyping enhancements for how you search and discover content with Firefox. We’re focused on three main areas: websites you've visited, tabs you're currently viewing, and pages you haven’t visited yet.